As of August 1st 2011, mobile marketing audits have performed by a third party company for ALL advertisements of the keyword/short code call-to-action. All keyword and short code advertising will be required to contain the following information:
- A program sponsor (i.e. the company name, program name, brand, etc.)
- A declaration of what the subscribers will be receiving (e.g. “You will receive coupons”)
- Message Frequency (e.g. “You will receive x messages per month”)
- HELP for help (In bold typeface)
- STOP to cancel (STOP to end, quit, stop, unsubscribe are all valid, in bold typeface)
Advertisements should not be deceiving in any way and you cannot have superimposed graphics or text (graphics or text cannot cover the advertisement in anyway). Below, we have provided an example of what the advertisements should contain. Make sure to adjust your advertisements to contain this necessary information.